Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Favorite Sugar Cookies


Recipe:

In mixer cream together:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup margarine
Then add:
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Mix well.

Add and mix well:
1 cup powdered sugar

In seperate bowl combine:
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda

Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture.

Place in fridge overnight or for a few hours. This dough is very sticky so if you want to cut out shapes then keep in fridge as long as possible and use a lot of flour.

Roll out dough on floured surface and cut out shapes.
Or roll in balls and flatten with bottom of a floured drinking glass.

Oven: 350 degrees and bake for 10-12 min.


FROSTING:
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter (room temp)
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla


After a long hunt and several hundred calories later, I've decided that these are my favorite sugar cookies. They are lite and crispy. The powdered sugar in the dough makes them melt in your mouth, the cream cheese frosting doesn't hurt either! YUM!

4 comments:

Three K's and Two P's said...

Hey Beth, I am so glad that you found me! Your mom told me you had a blog but I didn't remember what the name was.I guess I would not have been able to see it anyway since it's private. I am excited to see your blog and to see Abe! I hope you and your family are all doing well! My email is kgardner81@yahoo.com. Talk to you soon...

Three K's and Two P's said...

I didn't know how else to get you my email adress, so I left it here.

Adriana Whitney said...

Yum!! I am going to make this recipe, thank you for sharing.
Adri

Mikey said...

Beth,
Thanks for your comment. It is so good to hear from you. I would love to look at Abe's blog. Can I be invited? Hope all is well in Utah and I will let you know in 10 weeks if it is a boy or girl. Ash